Z-Band’s Video Distribution System can make every classroom a Media Center
Our patented technology delivers video programming from CATV, DSS, VCRs, DVDs, or other video devices to each classroom or dorm room simultaneously over standard Category 5/6 cabling – the twisted pair cable currently installed in educational institutions, for data and telephony applications. This standard cabling structure makes setting up and configuring the Z-Band (Multimedia) Video Distribution System simple.
In fact, the System is so simple that you’ll find yourself implementing applications you wouldn’t have dreamed of trying in a typical coax video system… applications like school-wide assemblies without moving students to the auditorium, or broadcasting to any classroom or dorm room from any location in the school.
The System is Bi-directional
What this means is that you’ll be able to easily set up team teaching between multiple classrooms, and other interactive applications to get your students more involved in their own education. With the Z-Band Video System, you’ll be limited only by your own imagination.
The System’s bi-directionality makes it possible to simply plug a camera into a fixed frequency modulator (MAC or agile T-MAC unit) in any spare UTP outlet in the school and immediately begin broadcasting.
The System is Cost-Effective and Modular
Unlike existing video systems, the Z-Band System automatically configures itself to adjust to adds, moves or changes, thus, eliminating the need for costly time-consuming engineering and system maintenance.
The core System is easily expandable to accommodate multiple classrooms or dorm rooms and to add a variety of applications – without additional up-front costs. Furthermore, you can tie together various facilities within a campus or building complex to create an enhanced learning and communications environment.
And the System is eligible for E-Rate Funding (Z-Band’s spin no. 143023166).
Z-BAND + EDUCATION = A GREAT PARTNERSHIP!
Z-Band is committed to providing solutions that transform technology into simple teaching tools. With use of our video techonoloy in educaiton and your talents, we can work together to ensure that students achieve their full potential.
Whether new construction or renovation, Z-Band can provide video distribution solutions to any type of educational facilities:
- Kindergarten, K-12
- Charter and Private Schools
- Parochial Schools
- Vocational-Technical Schools
- Community Colleges
- State and Private Colleges and Universities
Some of the many applications that can be implemented with Z-Band technology include:
- CATV/DSS – learning and entertainment; can select channels to broadcast to classrooms and firewall other channels to prevent access
- Electronic Bulletin Board – provides messaging for special and daily events; schedules; recognition of student or school accomplishments
- Distance Learning – continuing education for teachers and students
- Video Broadcast - from in-house studio, classroom, auditorium, etc.
- Computer Interface – broadcast anything that originates from a computer; e.g., PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, Internet/WAN, etc.
- Security Monitoring – monitoring entrance/exits, parking lots and other selected areas
- Emergency Alert System – overrides all channels with a live, priority video message
- Media Retrieval - access to a library of video information
- Share Cable Sheath – bring voice and video to dorm rooms over one CAT 5/6 cable
Z-Band, Inc. is the manufacturer and seller of a patented video distribution system that broadcasts 86 RF channels, bi-directionally, over UTP 5/6 per 568 EIA/TIA standard international standard. The System distributes CATV and satellite signals, and baseband outputs from cameras, VCRs, computers and DVDs up to 8000 outlets (RJ-45 jacks). Z-Band’s product is available worldwide.