- Entry-Level member of the OT PremiseNode family: Low Cost, No-Frills, High Sensitivity
- Receive-only, DC-powered indoor optical node for fiber-deep FTTX/PON CATV applications
- Wide Optical Input Window: (0dBm to -8dBm) @ 1310/1550nm
- High RF Output: (+30dBmV @ -1dBm; +16dBmV @ -8dBm optical input )
- Low Noise & Distortions: CNR >52dB @-2dBm; >48dB @-6dBm; CSO/CTB >-62/69dBc @ -3dBm
- Full Forward Path Bandwidth: 40 to 870MHz (Analog and QAM Digital loading)
- Calibrated Power Meter (1V/mW) Optical Input power test point
- Tri-color LED for optimal Optical Input range and unit Power-On indication
- +12 VDC: Local direct or Remote “up-the-coax” powering via Power Inserter Coupler (PIC)
- Low Power Consumption (< 5 Watts)
- > 6kV surge tolerant RF output & SMT construction for consistency, reliability & performance
- Compact, Lightweight & Rugged aluminum extruded housing for Easy Installation
The Model OTPN-400 is ideally suited for direct fiber transmission of CATV RF signals in FTTH, FTTx, MDU, industrial, corporate, government, educational or other I-Net applications where a high performance, compact indoor node is required. The unit is constructed with high quality components to enable it to meet or exceed its performance specifications over a wide temperature range in an uncontrolled environment, but it does require protection from the elements. It is configured for desktop, shelf or wall-mounting.
The Model OTPN-400 is a low-profile, rugged standalone optical receiver with: Wide ranging and exceptional optical sensitivity; High RF output; External RF and optical connections, optical input power test point & LED indicator. The OTPN-400 features a unique provision for flexible powering of the node, either locally through the DC Power IN “+12VDC” port, or remotely up the coax drop through the “RF OUT/+12VDC” port via an optional Power Inserting Coupler (PIC).
The Model OTPN-400 is the perfect companion to the Olson Technology, Inc. LaserLite and LaserPlus forward TX product families, but is also designed
to mate with 1310nm and 1550nm optical transmitters from most leading manufacturers. For bidirectional DOCIS-compatible operation, Olson also
offers a wide variety of two-way node transceivers in its PremiseNode and MetroNode product families.
- Specifications -
RF OUTPUT & PERFORMANCE PARAMETERS:
|* NOTE: Typical; Measured with 10 dB slope to 870 MHz; 8dBm optical transmitter with OMI @ 2.8%, and; 77 NTSC Channel loading to 550 MHz &
digital loading from 550-870 MHz (@ -6 dB below analog).
|ELECTRICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL & MECHANICAL PARAMETERS:|