Z-Band’s “GigaBUD” for All Types of Commercial Applications (Video Distribution Hub)
Z-Band’s HD GigaBUD, an active video distribution hub, has been designed to meet the video distribution needs of businesses both large and small.
Ability to Connect Numerous Hubs
With GigaBUD, you get the ability to connect numerous hubs with ease. GigaBUD is rack mounted using the specific port count combination needed to handle the video drops served by each MDF/IDF. The video is then connected to the “CATV IN” port of the first GigaBUD, referred to as the “Master” unit. Additional GigaBUDs are connected back to the Master by a cascading process. Each subsequent GigaBUD is referred to as a “Slave,” with cascading being limited to the Master and three levels of Slaves in order to preserve video signal integrity.
To achieve unidirectional cascading, the “Outbound” ports of the Master are connected to the “Cascade In” port of up to eight second-level Slaves, which can subsequently be cascaded to third and fourth levels. A total of 585 GigaBUDs can be combined to distribute the Master’s video signal to as many as 14,040 televisions throughout multiple business locations if necessary.
How Does GigaBUD Distribute HDTV?
GigaBUD offers a wide variety of features that enable effective HDTV distribution over CAT 5e or CAT 6 cable including:
- The video distribution hub available in 12 or 24 port units
- The remotely powered balun called “GigaBOB” is uniquely designed for the “GigaBUD” and offers a unique distance sensing circuit along with remotely powered internal amplifier capabilities
- Ability to cascade hubs up to four levels deep while providing concurrent distribution of complete RF channel bandwidth to numerous televisions across your enterprise.
- Full bandwidth distribution over distances of up to 100 meters
- DOCSIS or FSK return potential for video-on-demand and/or data applications
- Hub operation capabilities over a variety of frequencies, including 120 or 240 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz
- UL, CSA, and FCC Part 15, Subpart B Compliance
Key System Benefits
The GigaBUD video distribution system developed by Z-Band allows businesses to effectively combine voice, data and video over one dedicated cabling plant. In addition, GigaBUD and GigaBOB offer a variety of benefits including:
- Streamlined design and installation process
- Ability to make adds, moves and changes to the video distribution’s infrastructure while maintaining superior picture quality for every TV in your enterprise
- Easy integration of RF and IP video
End-to-End IPTV Solution for Delivery of Live TV and Locally Generated Content to PC’s, TV’s and Mobile Devices
Z-Band’s IPTV digital video solutions can easily be tailored to each customer’s unique markets, delivering easy-to-use technologies with high-quality low latency HD video.
Local users can watch external and locally produced content anytime, anywhere and on any device, from TV’s and computers to smart phones.
Our carrier grade solutions provide IPTV head-end architecture featuring advanced clustering capabilities with automatic fail-safe mechanisms that reduce upfront costs of purchasing large amounts of spare parts and ensure 99.999% up-time of critical services.
Z-Band IP Systems’ delivers streaming video capabilities on internal networks, that integrate seamlessly with any type of broadcasting system using relatively little bandwidth and are easy to deploy. Our highly customizable professional grade products manage a multitude of video devices and formats, offering an intuitive, powerful viewing experience.